Monday, August 31, 2015

The Excitement Mounts as "Dancing w Rejection" is PUBLISHED!

After about two years of intense focus...despite or maybe because of...battling the mental fogginess that comes along with kidney failure... I am so excited. Why? Because as of late last week, I was informed by the great folks at "Friesen Press" that my 1st book, "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality" has been published!

After juggling countless moving parts, I was thrilled to finally hold the "proof copies" in my hands!
You can imagine, after all of this time, that it is a big deal to finally see this "Passion Project" come to fruition. Even at this early juncture, it is now possible to go ahead...to begin generating sales. This thanks once again to FriesenPress, as their policy is to "print on demand".

I stacked my "Proof Copy" units to invoke my first official order!
My father Robert sadly passed away at the tender age of 29, leaving behind his wife and six young children. It was therefore my joy to dedicate my "Passion Project" to his memory. I will be so happy and proud to see his memory surface as a heroic figure in "Dancing with Rejection". In fact, this aspiration is one of the paramount reasons why I set out on this writing adventure.


Robert Joseph Gaudet, my loving father, who was struck down in his youth by kidney failure. 
I will do everything in my power to honor and cherish the memory of my dad. His indomitable spirit will live on in the pages of "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality". Once you read the book, you will clearly understand the thinly-veiled reference to this!



The author shown receiving life-saving "dialysis therapy", a 3x a week measure, with no end in sight.

Michael R. Gaudet was diagnosed with end-stage renal failure only fourteen years after his father, Robert, died of kidney disease in Michael’s childhood. After his initial diagnosis, Michael was determined to achieve a measure of immortality. 

He designed and painted the seminal mural "Recovery 1", which he donated to the Toronto hospital that saved his life. This singular act cast the mold for the rest of his life, in which he battled chronic kidney disease and forged a career as one of Canada’s best-known mural painters. 

Michael has since designed and painted over 60 large murals across Canada. Today, he lives with his wife Sharon in the resort village of Manitou Beach in central Saskatchewan, where they own and operate a seasonal art gallery called “G-G’s Gallery & Gifts.” 

Michael is in the final stages of releasing Book 1 of the trilogy "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality". Please steer your search engine here to visit the Facebook page that was created to usher in the launch. Curious? Could this be the book for you? Come on over, we'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment